Thursday, January 17, 2013

Social Media – What You Need to Know

There is no avoiding it if you want to stay in business and be successful. Social media is here to stay. The ‘social media game’, however, is constantly changing. Just when you think you have a good handle on all that is available and how best to make it work for you and your company, something new comes along.

For me, the latest ‘new’ game in social media is Pinterest. I heard it mentioned for the first time just about a month ago. Since then I seem to be hearing or reading about it everywhere. That tells me I need to find some classes that explain it better and, more importantly, tell me how I can use it to promote our company. Pinterest may or may not be a good promotional vehicle for a packaging machinery manufacturer, but I won’t know for sure until I find out more about it. In marketing, what we don’t know, can hurt us.

If you know of any other ‘new’ social media concepts that help promote business, let us know about them. When we share our knowledge, we all grow.

The author, Marge Bonura, is the Director of Sales & Marketing for New England Machinery, Inc. (NEM). NEM is a leading packaging machinery manufacturer of bottle unscramblers, cappers, orienters, retorquers, lidders, pluggers, pump sorter/placers, scoop feeders, hopper elevators and much more. The company has been in business since 1974 selling to the food, beverage, pharmaceutical, personal care, chemical, household products, automotive and other industries. For more information on NEM, visit their website at www.neminc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment