Wednesday, June 25, 2014

The Best ‘Summer Read’ For Managers

An acquaintance recently suggested I read the book “Creating Magic: 10 Common Sense Leadership Strategies from a Life at Disney” by Lee Cockerell. It was probably the best advice I have received in many years. The book should be required reading for all business school students.

Reading the book gave me new ideas on almost every page. Most books I ‘archive’ after I have finished reading them on my Nook. This book will stay on my ‘desktop’ forever. I know I will go back and re-read it several times as I think the ideas, suggestions and recommendations are all extremely valuable.

If you want to improve yourself and your company, I highly recommend you get a copy and read it. It is great advice about real companies, real employees and real managers and how a manager can become a leader that will be respected and followed through good times and bad times.

The author, Marge Bonura, is the Director of Sales & Marketing for New England Machinery, Inc. (NEM). NEM is a leading packaging machinery manufacturer of bottle unscramblers, cappers, orienters, retorquers, lidders, pluggers, pump sorter/placers, scoop feeders, hopper elevators and much more. The company has been in business since 1974 selling to the food, beverage, pharmaceutical, personal care, chemical, household products, automotive and other industries. For more information on NEM, visit their website at www.neminc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment