Thursday, June 5, 2014

The Packaging Industry – A Great Place To Be!

In my career I have had the good fortune to have worked for a number of different industries of varying products and services. My past employers include manufacturing, insurance, education, real estate development, advertising and consulting work. In manufacturing I’ve worked for pharmaceutical companies, a leather producer, environmental equipment manufacturer and, of course, a packaging machinery manufacturer. All of them have their pros and cons, but I believe that only the packaging machinery manufacturer has the ability to stand the test of time.

The packaging industry has been growing since man first learned how to produce more items than they needed, and discovered the value of bartering. With the world population growing at an incredible rate, the need for consumer goods will escalate accordingly. Products must be contained and secured properly in order to fill the supply demand. Hence packaging has a secure and growing future.

For me, it is also an interesting industry. As New England Machinery sells to the food, beverage, pharmaceutical, personal care, chemical, household products and other industries, I get to see new products all the time. Visiting our customers is especially enjoyable. Until I started working in this industry I took for granted the products I purchased in a grocery store. Only now can I fully appreciate the involved process it takes to get those products onto the store shelves. So if you are looking for an interesting and long-term career, contact a packaging machinery manufacturer. It is a great place to be!

The author, Marge Bonura, is the Director of Sales & Marketing for New England Machinery, Inc. (NEM). NEM is a leading packaging machinery manufacturer of bottle unscramblers, cappers, orienters, retorquers, lidders, pluggers, pump sorter/placers, scoop feeders, hopper elevators and much more. The company has been in business since 1974 selling to the food, beverage, pharmaceutical, personal care, chemical, household products, automotive and other industries. For more information on NEM, visit their website at www.neminc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment