Wednesday, August 27, 2014

What’s a Bottle Unscrambler?

I will never forget my first interview at New England Machinery. The gentleman who interviewed me explained that the company designed and built (among other machinery) bottle unscramblers. I know I must have had a very confused look on my face as at that time in my life I had no experience with the packaging machinery industry. I had a lot to learn, and fortunately for me, some really outstanding teachers to educate me on the products I would be marketing.

I would soon learn that a bottle unscrambler allows a production plant to empty bulk containers of plastic bottles into a hopper, which feeds the unscrambler. The unscrambler literally ‘unscrambles’ the bottles and stands them upright onto the conveyor where they are transported to the rest of the production line for filling, capping, labelling, and finally packed in a case that is put on a skid, that is transported to the product’s next step in its journey to the consumer.

I would eventually learn that not all unscramblers are alike. There are dozens of different types of unscramblers and dozens of companies that build and/or sell them. What is most impressive about New England Machinery is that the company doesn’t just sell the machines, it has a history of innovation in designing and improving them. No company knows more about bottle unscrambling than New England Machinery. We have become such experts at it that others come to us with their most difficult challenges. We have successfully ‘unscrambled’ raw cucumbers, sausages, frozen ice cream containers, filled cups of food, and a host of other products. If you are in need of a bottle unscrambler, look for a supplier who knows what they are selling because they design them as well.

The author, Marge Bonura, is the Director of Sales & Marketing for New England Machinery, Inc. (NEM). NEM is a leading packaging machinery manufacturer of bottle unscramblers, cappers, orienters, retorquers, lidders, pluggers, pump sorter/placers, scoop feeders, hopper elevators and much more. The company has been in business since 1974 selling to the food, beverage, pharmaceutical, personal care, chemical, household products, automotive and other industries. For more information on NEM, visit their website at www.neminc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment